Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Father's Day Camping Trip

Friday night we headed out to Rocky Gap State Park for camping. We arrived there around five got the tent setup and everything out of the truck. We just basically sat around the camp fire and then hit the sack that evening. Around 3:00 in the morning a thunderstorm rolled into the mountains and rocked the tent. I was a little nervous because we were sleeping on metal cots in a tent. But I just put my earplugs in and prayed to God that we were safe. The next morning it rained a tiny bit. Then off to the beach where Katie Grace and I hung out until the next rain storm blew threw. Everytime the hubby lit a fire it rained. But we still had a good time. The park is such a beautiful place if you ever get a chance take time to camp there. There's a lot of trails for bikes and walking, a beach area, boat rentals, game room for the kiddos, camping store if you forget something, and play areas for the kids also. I hope everyone had a awesome father's day.

2 comments:

  1. Glad you had a wonderful trip even with the rain. I love Rocky Gap!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rocky Gap is beautiful! I've never camped there, but have stayed at the resort. Very peaceful and quiet! :)

    ReplyDelete